Welcome to Luosto!
Reception is open:
Tel. +358 400 102 141
At night time:
Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus Tel. +358 400 102 220
Our restaurant Aurora
Open daily 4pm - 10pm
The entire hotel is mechanically ventilated and the temperature is set at about 21-22 degrees. The north-facing rooms have ventilation windows that can be kept open if required. The radiators have thermostats, ie. when the temperature drops below that 21-22 degrees, the radiators start to heat up.
Additional heaters are available at the reception.
The hotel has a free wifi.
Aurora Wifi, password is Borealis19
Parking is allowed only on marked places.
Ask for information on activities from the reception.
Aurora Alert Realtime, is offered free of charge to all visitors in Luosto. Visitors will be able to access it via a mobile data connection or using free Wi-Fi networks offered by local businesses.
Aurora Alert System is operating during the Aurora season: autumn and winter. As the weather can change very rapidly in this area or the aurora may appear suddenly and only for a very short period of time, we advice you not to depend solely on the Alert, but to keep looking at the sky yourself as well.
The Finnish word for Northern Lights – “Revontulet = Fox’s fires” comes from the old belief that the Tulikettu, FireFox, is running over the fells causing sparks in the sky.
If you need cleaning during your stay, put the sign “Cleaning” to your door by 12 noon. We will clean between 12 and 2 pm.
If you need new towels etc, ask from the reception.
All our rooms have a private sauna. We wish to make your sauna
experience as pleasant, enjoyable and easy as possible.
- The sauna has an electric heater. Turn the knob to #3.
It takes 30min for the sauna to warm up.
- The stones get very hot, so do not touch or place any objects or
clothing on them.
- Take a shower before you enter the sauna. Sit in the sauna as
long as you want, throwing water on the stones occasionally.
- Throw water on the stones little at a time in order to get the
right level of humidity
- Do not throw other liquids besides clean water on the stones
(other liquids may cause allergic reactions).
- After sauna, take a shower and cool off. Have something
cool to drink, give your body time to adjust to the change in
temperature and relax.
- Please, turn off the sauna after use.
NOTE: The sauna and the shower floor can be slippery, so be careful.
Do not leave small children unattended in the sauna.
Do not use the sauna while under the influence of any intoxicants
Some of our rooms have a fireplace. Here are some useful tips:
- Firewood has been supplied to the rooms. Firewood can be
refilled from log container (outside on the blue/grey boxes)
- You should only burn wood in the fireplace. Do not burn trash,
plastic, newspaper, etc.
- Make sure the damper is open and the smoke extractor turned
on before lighting a fire.
- There is kindling in the basket (birch bark or starter briquet).
Place it on the bottom and put 2 or 3 pieces of wood on top.
Light up the fire and close the replace hatch.
- Add only 2 or 3 pieces of wood at a time, so the fire will not get
too big and hot. Wait until the wood is burned down to coals
before adding more.
- For safety reasons, leave the damper open after using the
- Please, note that the fireplaces are not in use during Summertime.
You can buy souvenirs from the reception.
Our hotel does not have a laundry service.
The hotel is a non-smoking premise.
In case of a fire alarm, the meeting place for the hotel residents is the Lapland Safaris safari house and the yard (next to the hotel across the road) Luppokeino 2.
For an groundless fire alarm (eg burning candles on the fireplace), we charge € 850.
Our rooms have a minibar.
Check-out is by 11 am.